The Chicco KeyFit 30 was thought to be a great seat by practically all of the parents that offered an opinion.
It was cited as being super-easy to install. Parents liked the fact that the seat took up less space in the car widthways allowing it to be good for fitting in a smaller car by giving you more space across the back seat for other luggage. There were many comments about how light the seat was to carry, compared with other seats supplied by different manufacturers.
Type: Infant Car Seat
Orientation: Rear Facing
Child Minimum Weight: 4 Pounds
Child Maximum Weight: 30 Pounds
Child Maximum Height: 30 Inches
- America’s Number 1 Rated Infant Car Seat
- Seat is EASY to install using the LATCH system or existing vehicle seat belts
- Newborn Insert provides extra cushioning for babies 4-11 pounds
- Generously lined with EPS energy absorbing foam to give more protection to your infant in the event of a crash
- Adjustable Head Support
- Adjustable Canopy
- Storage compartment in seat base
- Bubble system helps with correct fitting of seat
- 5-point safety harness can be adjusted with one hand
The Chicco KeyFit 30 is a rear-facing infant car seat that is designed to keep your child safe while travelling in the car. The seat on this model is very thickly padded and the 5-point harness that is fitted will keep your child secure and comfortable.
The KeyFit 30 is suitable for an infant weighing from 4 to 30lbs and up to 30 inches in height. The seat is very easy to fit to your car using either the LATCH system or your existing vehicle safety belts. It can be easily removed from its base which reduces its weight when carrying it around. It also features a spring assisted level foot and Bubble Levels and a “centre pull” adjustment to aid in getting the seat fitted properly.
The manufacturer has used energy absorbing foam in the construction of the Chicco KeyFit 30 to give your child excellent side-impact protection in the event of an accident
When you are out shopping the seat can be fitted to one of the compatible Chicco Stroller Units such as the Chicco Cortina, Trevi, Cortina Together, or S3 stroller to give you more comfort and mobility. When you return to your car it is a simple matter to remove the seat from the stroller and fix the seat back onto the base unit fitted to the seat in your car.
The seat comes with a removable, sumptuously padded, newborn insert which helps to ensure that even a small newborn weighing as little as 4lbs in weight can be positioned safe and snug in the seat.
Colors and Model Names
The seat comes in a range of different colors and designs including, Adventure, Foxy, Surge, Radius and Midori.
Colors and Model Numbers
|Design Name||Item Number|
Keeping the Seat Clean
The covers and straps can be sponged down with warm water and mild detergent if any spills need cleaning. It is recommended though that the Buckle and LATCH hardware are only cleaned using warm water.
What Parents Liked about it..
- Great for the smaller car due to less space required for fitting
- Easy to install properly
- Bubble levels help to adjust the seat correctly
- Great colors and fabrics
- Lighter than many other infant car seats
- Harness can be adjusted from the front unlike many competitors baby car seats
- The seat fabric washes well
What the Parents Didn’t Like..
- It wont fit in the top of a shopping cart
- The Canopy is a little on the small side
- Some parents said that baby could get sweaty during warm weather