The SnugRide 30 is a rear facing infant car seat fitted with a 5-point harness. This model is suitable for use with smaller babies weighing between 4 and 30 pounds and not exceeding 30 inches in length.
(4.4 / 5)
It is secured by latching it securely to a removable base which is designed to stay fitted in the car. The Graco SnugRide 30 can also be used to safely carry an infant when not attached to its base and can be fitted to a compatible Graco Stroller Unit making it a convenient, easy to use, travel system.
The Graco SnugRide 30 has been rigorously crash tested and conforms to, or exceeds, the requirements of US Standard FMVS213. The 5-point harness ensures that your child is kept safely strapped in and the generous covering of EPS energy absorbing foam cushions your child should you be involved in an accident.
A 3-position canopy is included that can be positioned to effectively provide shade from any direction. Removable cushions are also supplied to ensure that your child’s head is properly supported through all stages of growth.
The SnugRide 30 is available in lots of different design fabrics and in many different colors including Dragonfly, Metropolis, Lotus, Minnie Mouse and Brayden. This extra large range of design options means that you will find at least one good match with your existing car upholstery.
In the event of spillages, the seating cushion can be removed for machine washing. All other parts of the seat can also be cleaned carefully by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Infant Car Seat
Infant Weight: 4 to 30 Pounds
Infant Maximum Height: 30 inches
Weight without base: 7.5 Pounds
Weight with base: 13 pounds
Height: 24 Inches
Width: 14 Inches
Depth: 22 Inches
- Suitable for use rear facing for infants in the weight range 4 to 30 pounds
- The 4 pound start weight means that it can be used for smaller babies unlike most other models
- Extensively crash tested and either meets or exceeds US Standards
- EPS Energy Absorbing Foam is used throughout for maximum protection from crash energy forces
- Removable body support offers extra support to the infant
- East to adjust 5-point harness
- Removable base makes for easy removal from the car. Spare bases can be purchased which helps when using the same seat with different cars, eg, the grand-parents
- The manufacturers website offers extra videos to assist with fitting but most users were able to fit the seat easily
- Compatible with a number of Graco Strollers offering ease of transfer of infant from car to stroller
- Sunshade can be operated through 180 degrees providing maximum protection from the sun.
- Supplied in a wide range of designs and colors
- Easily removable machine washable seating pad
- The Manufacturer offers a 1 year limited warranty
What Parents Really Liked About this Model
- Smaller seat size makes travelling more comfortable for other car passengers
- Great all rounder, easy to install and easy to keep clean
- The seat is lighter to carry around than the SnugRide 32 and SnugRide 35 models
- The 5-point harness straps are very easy to adjust for optimum fit
What Some Parents Didn’t Like
- The canopy can be difficult to operate as it gets stuck on the handle and sometimes does not shade correctly.
Many parents thought that the SnugRide was a great purchase. It received large amounts of praise for its ease of use and for its comfortable design and great safety features. We highly recommend this seat as you can get a more comfortable fit for the smaller infant and we found many positive features that make this one a winner.
Guidance published recently by the American Academy of Pediatrics stated that children under 2 are 50 percent less likely to suffer severe or fatal injuries in a crash if they are seated rearward facing. The SnugRide offers Optimum Protection in this respect for your child, has been rigorously crash tested, and is a very popular model with consumer organizations that have reviewed it and by parents that have purchased it.