The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite is a Convertible Car Seat that can be used in the rear facing position for a newborn infant in the weight range 5-35 pounds, then used as front facing in the weight range from 22-40 pounds, and as a belt-positioning booster from 40-100 pounds
(4 / 5)
The seat is padded with EPP energy absorbing foam to provide increased protection in the event of an accident. Installation can be accomplished by using using either LATCH or your own vehicles safety belts.
The Omega Elite also comes complete with an infant head support insert and can be reclined in 3 different positions to ensure a comfortable ride for your child.
A 5-point harness is used to make sure that your child is safely secured when seated and also comes complete with pivoting arm rests and a removable cup holder. The manufacturer offers a full guarantee on this product.
Several attractive designs and colors are available including, Beaumont, Nitron and Bromley. The covers can be removed for cleaning as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
Convertible Car Seat
Used Rear Facing Child Weight: 5 to 35 Pounds
Used Front Facing Child Weight: 22 to 40 Pounds
Used as a Belt Positioning Booster Child Weight: 40 to 100 Pounds
- QuickFit™ Harness System which never needs rethreading
- 5-point safety harness with frontal adjustment
- Side impact protection using ProTech, EPP energy absorbing foam
- Infant head support
- Reclines in 3 positions
- Pivoting Arm Rests
- Removable Cup Holder
- Uses LATCH for trouble-free installation
- Removable washable car seat pad
- Meets or exceeds US Federal Standards
What Parents Liked about it..
- Excellent sturdy construction
- Easy to clean
- Once installed properly, the seat is rock solid
- Adjustable recline makes it easy to get your child comfortable and settled for long rides
What the Parents Didn’t Like..
- Installation could be difficult –TIP– Remove the seat from its base and then watch the installation video on the Safety 1st Website before trying to install again.
- This model takes up a lot of room and can be too large for small cars
- Straps can get twisted
This particular model has been given lots of good reviews by parents who have purchased it. The main view was that it feels exceptionally sturdy in use and was rock solid when installed properly and offered great protection to their child.
Children could also be seated comfortably due to the adjustment range offered by the 3-position recline function.
Some parents had difficulties getting a good install but were able to overcome these problems by watching the manufacturers installation video which is available for download on the Safety 1st website.
Be aware that this model has a large footprint and may be too large for some smaller models of car therefore it is only recommended for mid to large size cars.
Some More Alternatives
If your still undecided about which seat is best for you to buy then here’s a couple of suggestions of very good choices:
Why not have a look at the Recaro ProRIDE, this is a very good convertible type seat that got great reviews from parents. We have included ratings stars and think its one of the Best Buys. Read it now..
Alternatively, the Britax Pavilion is also another good choice although at a somewhat higher price point. Click Here for the Review