The Britax Advocate 70 CS has now been updated and replaced by an even safer model, the Britax Advocate 70-G3. The images in this post have been updated to link to newer information on the Advocate 70-G3.
The Advocate 70 CS is a convertible type of car seat. It can be used rear facing for a child weighing from 5 to 40 Pounds. The seat can also be used front facing for a child older than 1 year and weighing between 20 and 70 pounds.
This seat features several Britax USA advanced technologies including, SafeCells in the seat base that are designed to compress in a crash preventing seat rotating forwards. Steel bars are also integrated into the seat design increasing rigidity and preventing seat flexing. The top of the car seat is further anchored by a Versa-tether designed to reduce any crash forces reaching your child. The result of combining these safety features together is a car seat that offers the very best protection.
To protect your child in the event of a side collision the Advocate 70 CS uses Advanced Side Impact Cushion Technology where the side cushions are designed to compress upon impact absorbing up to 45% of the crash forces acting on the seat. The head restraint and the rest of the seat is fully lined with energy absorbing foam and serves to keep your child’s head and spine in line during an accident further reducing the potential for injury. The Harness Ultra Guard System– HUGS- further prevents your child being propelled forward during a collision.
The seat is also covered with high density comfort foam and can be reclined both rear facing and front facing to ensure your child has a comfortable ride and stays positioned correctly during the journey. The CS in the seat name indicates that it uses the latest Click and Safe technology where the seat harness gives an audible click when it is tightened correctly.
Britax also produce an infant positioning insert for the seat should you need one.
The manufacturer offers a one year limited warranty on the Britax Advocate 70 CS.
The seat is available in a range of different colors and designs which include Onyx, Zebra and Anna. The cover can be removed for hand washing with cold water and a mild detergent as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
Type: Convertible Car Seat
Child Minimum Weight: 5 Pounds
Child Maximum Weight: 40 Pounds
Minimum Age: 1 Year
Child Minimum Weight: 20 Pounds
Child Maximum Weight: 70 Pounds
Child Height: 49 Inches Maximum
Seat Width: 22 Inches
Seat Height: 26 Inches
Seat Depth: 21 Inches
Seat Weight: 21.6 Pounds
- Side Impact Cushion Technology offers increased Side Impact Protection
- Energy absorbing EPP foam copiously used to further protect from Side Impact
- Steel bars used in seat construction to reduce seat flexing during crash
- Versa-Tether used to slow down forward movement of seat during crash reducing crash forces reaching your child
- SafeCell technology used in base of seat to prevent seat pitching forward in an accident
- Click & Safe Technology confirms audibly that harness is tight enough
- 5-point tangle-free harness
- Seat reclines in both rear facing and forward facing modes
- Easy-remove cover can be taken off for cleaning without uninstalling the seat
- Uses LATCH connectors for trouble-free installation
- Meets or exceeds US Federal Standards for car seat safety
- Suitable for Airline Travel
What Parents Liked about this Seat..
- Large amount of padding
- Sturdy, safe and well made
- Soft material which washes well
- Excellent head support
What the Parents Didn’t Like..
- Very Expensive
- Recline cannot be adjusted without removing anchors
- Takes up a lot of room sideways in the car
You can see More Reviews Here…
The Britax Advocate 70 CS was given an excellent review by most parents. The main things they like about the seat were the sturdy construction and the ease of installation. The huge amount of cushioning was also mentioned several times.
The main drawback of the seat was the room it took up in the car sideways due to the extra side impact cushioning, however, most parents bought the seat because it offered this feature so you can’t have it both ways. The Click & Safe feature also came in for some criticism with several parents saying that it failed to work correctly and they were much happier checking the snugness of the harness manually.
We do recommend this seat highly as it’s a very well made unit offering the best protection money can buy.