Please note that Britax USA have now replaced the old Britax Boulevard 70 CS with a newer model, the Britax Pavilion 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat. In view of this i have now redirected all the links on this page to the newer model.
The Britax Boulevard 70 CS uses a combination of SafeCell technology, steel bars and energy-absorbing Versa-Tether® anchors to protect your infant from the energy of an impact during a car crash.
The Britax Boulevard 70 CS also uses Britax SafeCell Technology with Safe Cells incorporated into the structure of the seat that are designed to compress during a crash and help the car seat to stay in an upright position thereby offering better protection to your child’s head. The integrated steel bars built into the design of the seat help to keep the seat rigid and prevent it tipping forwards in the event of an accident.
The Versa-Tether® webbing straps anchor the baby car seat securely to the car seat and absorb forces generated during the crash. This seat also offers true side crash impact protection due to additional side pad cushioning around the head area.
The Britax Boulevard 70 CS car seat is generously padded with high density foam with plenty of padding around the straps which prevents them digging into your child during long journeys thus providing a more comfortable and secure ride. The infant inserts supplied with the seat allow the seat to be altered to ensure a snug fit for your child at all times. The harness straps can also be easily adjusted to obtain an optimum fit and the Britax Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator incorporated into the design of the Britax Boulevard CS seats acts to provide a secondary audible indication that confirms that the straps on the harness of the seat are at the correct tension when seating your child.
The seat can be reclined in both the forward and rear facing positions to provide maximum comfort.
A choice of several different fabric designs are available including Blueprint, Sophia and Waverly, allowing you to choose a pattern that matches your car upholstery. The seat covers used on the Britax Boulevard 70 CS can be removed easily for cleaning without having to dismantle the whole car seat.
Please note that the table below shows the design options available for the Britax Pavilion 70-G3
Type: Convertible Car Seat
Child Minimum Weight: 5 Pounds
Child Maximum Weight: 40 Pounds
Child Maximum Height: 49 Inches
Child Minimum Age: 1 Year
Child Minimum Weight: 20 Pounds
Child Maximum Weight: 70 Pounds
Child Maximum Height: 49 Inches
- Versa Tether webbing straps secure the top of the Britax Boulevard 70CS seat to the car and reduce the seat tipping forwards during an accident
- Steel bars are built into the seat improving connection of the seat to the car and reducing forward flexing of the seat during a crash
- Provides True Side Impact Protection via a layer of energy-absorbing EPP foam which distributes crash forces and shields your infant from the effect of side collisions.Tangle Free, Five-Point Harness with 2 buckle positions allows your child to remain safelyharnessed up to 70 lbs
- Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator is an audible aid that provides extra assurance when the harness is properly fitted within the range of appropriatesnugness
- Harness can be adjusted without disassembling the harness straps due to Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness.
- Supplied in a range of different designs and colors including Onyx, Blueprint, Sophia, Silver Birch and Waverley
- The seat covers can be easily removed for cleaning
- This seat is also certified to be suitable for use during air travel
- The manufacturer offers a 1 year limited warranty on this seat
What Parents Liked about this Seat
- Many parents reported that it was relatively easy to achieve good positioning and a tight fit during installation. It installs easily even inside smaller cars
- The manufacturers own website was praised for offering video guides to assist parents with the fitting of the seat
- The video information supplied was in addition to the information supplied when purchasing
- Parents commented about the great comfort that the seat offered resulting in more restful journeys for their child
- The seat straps were easy and quick to adjust and lock, which was a great help when trying to secure and position the child correctly before the journey
- Several parents stated that the easily removable covers on the Britax Boulevard 70 CS were a great feature allowing them to keep the seat clean with little effort
What The Parents Didn’t Like…
- The seat is quite heavy due to the steel bars incorporated into the frame and the sturdy construction. But on review most parents said they were willing to put up with this because of the extra safety offered by the seat
- A number of parents reported that the velcro patches used for holding the harness on the sides when not in use don’t line up very well. Although reported as an annoying fault this was considered to be only a minor issue by most parents and would not prevent them from buying the seat again
- Some parents reported that they had trouble with the audible click from the Britax Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator and did not feel it to be worth the extra cost
The Britax Boulevard 70 CS was considered a very good seat by most parents who reviewed it but there were varying opinions as to the effectiveness of the Britax Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator.
The Britax Boulevard 70 CS is recommended by us as a great buy.