(4 / 5)
To help get a better fit when the Chaperone is used with smaller infants, it is supplied with an infant insert. This infant insert helps to get your child in a position where they are better supported with the harness straps positioned correctly. This results in better protection in the event of a collision.
The Chaperone features several different Britax technologies for optimum safety, including an anti-rebound bar for stabilization, and a harness, where the shoulder height can be adjusted without rethreading or disassembly.
This model offers true side impact protection by virtue of energy absorbing foam that is used to form a head restraint and deep side walls. This combination has been shown to be very effective in keeping the head neck and spine properly aligned in the event of a side collision thereby reducing injuries.
The Chaperone can be used with the Britax CLICK & GO system with the following Britax strollers, B-Agile, B-Nimble, B-Ready , B-Nimble. The Britax Chaperone Stroller is also available to turn this seat into a go anywhere stroller to make getting around and shopping much easier.
The Chaperone is certified as compliant with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, FMVSS 213 and is also suitable for use during airline travel. It comes complete with a 1 year limited warranty as standard.
This particular model comes in a range of different colors including, Black, Cowmooflage and Red.
The cover on the Chaperone can be removed and hand washed using cold water and a mild detergent. The shell and harness can be sponge cleaned using a solution of warm soapy water.
Always consult the Britax manufacturer’s manual for cleaning instructions. Using the wrong cleaning detergents can seriously weaken the seat, therefore it is advisable to always read the manual BEFORE attempting cleaning.
Infant Car Seat
Child Height: 32 Inches Maximum
Child Weight: 4 to 30 Pounds
- Side Impact Protection via the use of energy absorbing foam forming a head restraint and deep side walls cushioning the infant
- Energy absorbing EPs foam liner used to absorb crash forces
- Sumptuously padded with high density comfort foam
- Anti-Rebound Bar stabilizes seat and reduces rotational forces experienced during frontal and rear impacts
- Large canopy can be positioned to offer shelter from sun, wind and rain
- Built in Lock-Offs
- 5-point tangle-free harness provides best protection and a snug secure fit
- Level indicators assist with getting recline set properly
- Uses Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for trouble-free installation via push button quick release
- Foam insert supplied to improve harness fit for infants between 4 and 11 pounds
- Ergonomic carry handle makes carrying easier
- Meets or exceeds US Federal Standards for car seat safety, FMVSS 213
- Certified as suitable for Airline Travel
- Comes with a 1 year limited warranty
What Parents Liked..
- Extremely well-made
- Top of the line for safety
- Anti-rebound bar gives extra safety
- Easy Installation
- Great customer service
What the Parents Didn’t Like..
- Takes up quite a bit of room in the car due to the anti-rebound bar
Other Items You May Be Interested In
Vehicle Seat Protector
The Britax Chaperone managed to achieve an average review of 4 out of five which puts it in the top 50% of infant seat ratings.
The main thing that parents liked about it was that it is extremely well made. The sturdyness of this model impressed many parents and the quality was evident when using it. Several parents also commented that the after-sales service offered by Britax USA was superb.
There were a few niggles about the Chaperone taking up a lot of room in the car due to the anti-rebound bar, but most parents were willing to overlook this as they had bought it to take advantage of this feature due to the extra safety that it offers.
If you do want to get a Britax Infant Seat and you have a smaller car it might be better for you to have a look at the Britax-B-Safe as this will take up less room.
We recommend the Chaperone as it is well-made and offers very good protection.
If you have any doubts about the Chaperone fitting in your car then order it from a retailer who will allow you to return it in an unused condition if you experience any problems.