The Britax Parkway SG is a booster seat that allows you to use your existing shoulder and lap belt to secure your child safely in the car.
This seat has now been discontinued. All of the links contained in this article are now pointing to a comparable seat, the Britax Highpoint.
This seats design incorporates True Side Impact Protection combined with SecureGuard Anti-submarining technology and a Quick Adjust Head Restraint to provide the very best protection for your child during a car crash.
The features are combined in the Parkway together with energy absorbing EPS foam and high density comfort foam to provide a comfortable and safe ride for your child.
This Booster car seat is suitable for use with children weighing from 40 to 120 pounds and between 38 and 63 inches in height. The Parkway SG comes in two different fabric designs, Gridline and Knight.
There are 2 versions of the Britax Parkway, the SG and SGL models. The Parkway SGL is fitted with the ISOFLEX system so that you can easily secure it to your car with a pull and two clicks. The SG version is fitted in a different way.
Booster Seat using Belt-Positioning
Child Weight Range: 40 to 120 Pounds
Child Height: 38 to 63 Inches with backrest
Seated Shoulder Height: 14 – 21.5 Inches with backrest
- Suitable for an child weighing in the range of 40 to 120 pounds and up to 63 Inches in height
- Provides True Side Impact Protection that shields your child and serves to distribute crash forces and keep the body in proper alignment during a side impact to minimize injury
- SecureGuard anti-submarining technology prevents your child’s abdomen being injured by slipping under the lap belt during a crash
- The headrest can be easily adjusted to offer a better fit and improved safety
- An EPS energy absorbing liner is used to reduce the amount of energy from crash forces reaching the child
- The cover can be easily removed for cleaning
- The back can be removed and the seat converted into a backless booster
- The seats narrow footprint allows it to be used 3 across on wider cars
- Comes supplied with armrests and retractable cup holders
- The manufacturers website provides documentation to assist with the proper installation of the booster should any difficulties arise. Most parents however seem to find the installation easy
- The Parkway is supplied with a manufacturers limited 1 year limited warranty
What Parents Said About it..
- Easy to adjust headrest is a great improvement on other models
- Easy to install
- Seat pad is really comfy, well-cushioned and padding is thicker than on other seats
- Makes long trips easier
- Slide guard is a great idea although some children don’t like having a strap between the legs
- It’s much taller than previous models supplying plenty of room for growth
- The headrest provides excellent padded support when child is sleeping
- It is easy to wipe up spillages from the fabric
- Loved the fact that this Parkway model can become a Backless Booster as well
What Some Parents Didn’t Like
- The armrests appear to be too small and seem too low
- Too large to fit 3 across as advertised on some cars
The Parkway SG booster was given the thumbs up by many parents who owned it. There were also a couple of reviews where parents stated that it had saved their child from serious injuries in crashes.
There were no issues with this model, just a niggling problem with the armrests being a little small and low, and a few parents who doubted that you could fit 3 seats in the back of their cars.
This model is therefore recommended as a good purchase and is a worthy contender if you are looking to move your child into a booster.