The Britax Parkway SGL is a Booster seat that allows you to use your existing shoulder and lap belt to secure your child safely in the car. This car seat is suitable for use with children weighing between 40 and 120 pounds and measuring between 38 and 63 inches tall.
(4.7 / 5)
The design of this seat offers a combination of SecureGuard Anti-Submarining Technology and True Side Impact Protection coupled with a quick adjust head-restraint to give best in class protection for your child during a car crash.
These features combined with the use of a layer of EPS energy absorbing foam and high density comfort foam to provide a safe and comfy ride for your child.
The difference between the SGL and the SG versions of the Parkway is that the SGL variant offers the ISOFLEX Flexible Lower LATCH Connection System to safely and quickly secure the seat to your car. This system secures the booster to the car in seconds from either side with just 2 clicks and a pull.
The Parkway SGL comes in a range of colors and fabric designs including, Phantom, Cub Pink, Spade and Tango.
Child Weight: 40 to 120 Pounds
Child Height: 38 to 63 Inches including backrest
Seated Shoulder Height: 14 – 21.5 Inches with backrest
- Suitable for an child weighing 40 – 120 pounds and between 38 – 63 Inches high
- Fitted with the ISOFLEX Flexible Lower LATCH Connection System, that safely and quickly secures the booster to the car from either side of the seat with just 2 clicks and a pull
- Provides True Side Impact Protection that shields your child and serves to distribute crash forces and keep the body in proper alignment during a side impact to minimize injury
- SecureGuard anti-submarining technology prevents your child’s abdomen being injured by slipping under the lap belt during a crash
- The headrest can be easily adjusted to offer a better fit and improved safety
- The amount of energy from crash forces reaching the child is reduced via an energy absorbing EPS foam liner
- The cover can be easily removed for cleaning
- The back can be removed and the seat converted into a backless booster
- The narrow footprint allows it to be used 3 across on wider cars
- Supplied with retractable cup holders and armrests
- The manufacturer’s website provides documentation to assist with the proper installation of the seat should any difficulties arise. Most parents however seem to find the installation easy
- Color-coded vehicle belt guides are also provided
- The Parkway SGL comes with a manufacturers 1 year limited warranty
What Parents Liked about it..
- LATCH attachments prevent the seat moving when the child gets in and out
- My child finds it comfortable and seems to really like it
- LATCH system is great
- Great that you can use as a backless booster as well
- SecureGuard feature is a great factor in its favor
- This booster is very padded and comfortable
- It’s easy for my son to get in and out of, and has plenty of padding for long trips
- The cup holders open easily even when my child is seated
- Easy to put together and install
- The booster seats looked great, lots of padding, my girls loved the colors!!
What Some Parents Didn’t Like
- Can get a bit sweaty in use
- Can be difficult to fit in some cars and this caused problems for some parents, with the seatbelt not retracting smoothly
This Booster seat was given the thumbs up by many parents who reviewed it. There were also a couple of reviews where parents stated that it had saved their child from serious injuries in crashes.
There were no issues with the seat just a niggling problem with the armrests being a little small and low and a few parents who doubted that you could fit 3 seats across in the back of their cars.
The Parkway SGL is therefore recommended as a good purchase and is a worthy contender if you are looking for a booster seat for your child.