The Britax Pavilion 70-G3 is a convertible type of car seat. It can be used rear facing for a child between 5 and 40 pounds. Once your child reaches one year in age and weighs between 20 and 70 pounds it can then be converted to forward facing.
(4.4 / 5)
The Pavilion 70-G3 has now been replaced by a newer model, the Pavilion G4.
The 40 pounds maximum weight of the seat rear facing means that you could potentially keep your child seated rear facing for much longer than a number of other seats. This is an important safety advantage of this particular Britax model.
The HUGS (Harness Ultra-Guard System) chest pads fitted to the car seat shell help to keep your child positioned properly. The SafeCell Technology used in their design serves to manage crash forces and prevent head injuries by helping to stop your child tipping forward during a crash impact. Steel bars are also integrated into the design to improve rigidity and to prevent the seat flexing during a crash.
This model also features the Britax EZ-Buckle System which keeps the harness buckle in a forward position and prevents your child sitting on the buckle when getting in and out.
The Tangle Free 5-Point Harness can be fully adjusted to provide a secure and safe fit. In the event of an accident the harness is designed to evenly distribute crash forces across the strongest parts of the body so it is extremely important that it is adjusted correctly. The Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator gives an audible click when the harness is adjusted to the correct snugness.
True Side Impact Protection is offered by virtue of the seat’s deep side walls of EPP Energy Absorbing Foam and the extra thick EPP foam lining of the headrest. During any side impact these advanced features keep your child cocooned in protective foam and aid in keeping the head, neck and body in proper alignment to reduce the likelihood of injury.
It is possible to recline the seat in both the front and rear facing directions helping your child to be more comfortable during the ride.
The Pavilion 70-g3 is available in a range of fabric colors and designs including, Cowmooflage, Onyx, Blueprint and Sophia. The covers and seat pad can be easily taken off without uninstalling and cleaned by carefully following the manufacturer’s instructions.
The Pavilion is also certified as being suitable for airline travel.
Britax supply a one year limited warranty.
Fabric Options Available and Model Numbers
Convertible Car Seat
Child Weight: 5 to 40 Pounds
Shoulder Height When Seated: 9 – 16.75 Inches
Minimum Age: 1 Year
Child Weight: 20 to 70 Pounds
Child Maximum Height: 49 Inches
Shoulder Height When Seated: 12 – 16.75 Inches
- Hugs Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology
- True Side Impact Protection to keep your childs spine straight, keep neck and body aligned and contained and prevent vehicle intrusion during side collisions
- EZ-Buckle System
- Uses Click & Safe indicator to help with obtaining the correct harness tightness and fit
- Inclines in both the forward facing and rear facing positions
- The SafeCell Technology used in the base of the seat compresses during a collision serving to reduce the likelihood of the seat pitching the child forwards
- The Versa Tether also releases in stages to slow forward movement and reduce crash forces reaching your child
- Steel bars are used to increase ridgidity
- Tangle Free 5-Point Harness
- Can be used forward and rear facing
- Upholstered with High density foam
- Cover can be removed for cleaning without uninstalling
What Parents Liked
- Childs head stays straight when sleeping due to side wings
- Cover comes off easy for cleaning
- Airline travel approved
- Feels solid and secure
- East to install
- Fabric wears well
- Excellent Britax customer service
- Easy to adjust harness straps
What Parents Didn’t Like
- Some comments about the HUGS system and tight fit of straps from 1 or 2 parents but this was a minority point of view not felt by all
What’s in The Box
- Comfort Pads
- Infant Body Pillow
- Removable Cover
- User Guide
Britax Accessories Available For This Model
There are a number of Britax accessories as listed below
- Infant Positioning Insert
- Child Cup Holder
- Car Seat Travel Bag
- Travel Cart
- Vehicle Seat Protector
- Back Seat Mirror
- Kick Mats
- Head and Body Support Pillow
- EZ-Cling Window Shades
- Storage Pouch
The Pavilion 70-G3 is very popular with parents due to it being easy to install, easy to keep clean and the fact that it wears very well. The price of the seat is also extremely reasonable for the level of comfort and security that it offers your child.
If you take these attributes and add them to the fact that Britax USA offer great customer service and support then you have a winner. We cant find any negative points when surveying the opinions of parents who have bought this seat so we have no hesitation in recommending it.