The Chicco KeyFit 30 is a rear-facing infant car seat. The seating pad on this model is very thickly padded and the 5-point harness that is fitted will keep your child secure and comfortable.
Overall Rating: (4.4 / 5)
This infant seat is suitable for an infant weighing from 4 to 30lbs and up to 30 inches in height. It’s very easy to fit to your car using either the LATCH system or your existing vehicle safety belts.
It can be easily removed from its base which reduces its weight when carrying it around. It also features a spring assisted level foot and Bubble Levels and a “centre pull” adjustment to aid in getting the seat installed properly.
The manufacturer has used energy absorbing foam in the construction of the Chicco KeyFit 30 to give your child excellent side-impact protection.
When you are out shopping it can be fitted to one of the compatible Chicco Stroller Units such as the Chicco Cortina, Trevi, Cortina Together, or S3 stroller to give you more comfort and mobility. When you return to your car it is a simple matter to remove it from the stroller and fix it back onto the base unit fitted in your car.
A sumptuously padded newborn insert is also supplied with this model. This helps to ensure that even a very small newborn weighing as little as 4lbs in weight can be positioned safe and snug in comfort.
Colors and Model Names
The KeyFit 30 is supplied in a range of different colors and designs including, Eucalyptus, Lilla, Oxford, Papyrus, Orion and Nottingham.
Colors and Model Numbers
|Design Name||Item Number|
Keeping the Seat Clean
The covers and straps can be sponged down with warm water and mild detergent if any spills need cleaning. It is recommended though that the Buckle and LATCH hardware are only cleaned using warm water.
Infant Car Seat
Orientation: Rear Facing
Child Weight: 4 to 30 Pounds
Child Maximum Height: 30 Inches
- America’s Number 1 Rated Infant Car Seat
- EASY to install using the LATCH system or existing vehicle seatbelts
- Newborn Insert provides extra cushioning for babies 4-11 pounds
- Generously lined with EPS energy absorbing foam to give more protection to your infant in the event of a crash
- Adjustable head support
- Adjustable canopy
- Storage compartment in base of unit
- Bubble system helps with getting the seat level during installation
- 5-point safety harness can be adjusted with one hand
What Parents Liked about it..
- Great for the smaller car due to less space required for fitting
- Easy to install properly
- Bubble levels help to adjust it correctly
- Great colors and fabrics
- Lighter than many other comparable models
- Harness can be adjusted from the front unlike many others
- The fabric washes well
What the Parents Didn’t Like..
- It wont fit in the top of a shopping cart
- The Canopy is a little on the small side
- Some parents said that baby could get sweaty during warm weather
The Chicco KeyFit 30 was thought to be a great seat by practically all of the parents that offered an opinion.
It was cited as being super-easy to install. Parents liked the fact that it took up less space in the car widthways allowing it to be good for fitting in a smaller car by giving you more space across the back seat for other luggage. There were many comments about how light it was to carry, compared with other seats supplied by different manufacturers.