The Evenflo Triumph 65 LX is one of several different Evenflo models of convertible car seat. This model can be used rear facing from 5 to 40 Pounds and can then be converted to front facing where it is suitable for a child older than 1 year and weighing between 20 and 65 Pounds.
(4.7 / 5)
The seat is well padded and uses a layer of EPP energy absorbing foam to help cushion your child in the event of an accident. The design incorporates side impact protection technology that meets or exceeds the Evenflo standard for side impact protection.
Easy adjustment of the harness is possible due to the Evenflo TensionRight™ adjustment system which uses 2 rotating knobs so that you can achieve a snug fit for your child with the minimum of fuss. It is not necessary to rethread the harness to fully adjust it due to the Evenflo Infinite slide harness adjustment system. A multiple position recline facility is also provided.
The Triumph can be installed by using the LATCH system, or alternatively, by using your own vehicle safety belts.
The manufacturer offers a 90 day limited warranty on the Triumph 65.
You can find this model stocked in several different fabric designs including, Easton, Mosaic and Oh. The seat pad can be machine washed on a cold cycle with a mild detergent by carefully following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Used Rear Facing
Child Weight Range: 5 to 40 Pounds
Child Height: 19 Inches Minimum
Used Front Facing
Child Weight Range: 20 to 65 Pounds
Minimum Age: 1 Year
Child Height: 50 Inches Maximum
- TensionRight™ adjustment system makes achieving a snug harness fit easy by using rotating knobs located on each side
- Infinite slide harness adjustment system where no rethreading of harness straps is required
- EPP energy absorbing foam used for lining the shell.
- Removable head support and body cushions
- This restraint meets FAA Inversion requirements and is suitable for use during airline travel
- Side-impact tested and meets Evenflo Side-Impact test standards
- Meets or exceeds all applicable US Federal Standards for safety
- Cup holder that folds down when not being used
What Parents Liked about It..
- Easy to tighten straps using rotating strap adjusters on each side
- Shoulder Strap height can be adjusted without rethreading
- Sturdy, good safety rating
- Soft cover material washes up well
What the Parents Didn’t Like..
- Does not recline as much as some other models, particularly when being used in the rear facing position
- Difficult to operate the harness release when used rear facing
- Straps get twisted
- Harness straps cannot be removed from the plastic shell for cleaning
Lots of parents liked this model, and so did we. Parents said that the rotating harness adjustment knobs were great to use and not having to rethread the harness was very useful and convenient. Many parents also commented that the covers washed up well in the washing machine even after several washes.
On the minus side, several parents were not happy with the degree of recline offered, particularly when being used rear facing, and said that their child’s head flopped forward when they were sleeping. The rotating harness adjustment knobs were also found to be difficult to operate when installed rear facing.
A lot of good reviews have been written about the Evenflo Triumph and it also offers good crash protection at a mid-price point, so we recommend it.
Alternative models of car seat
A couple of other Convertible seats you might be interested in..