The Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat is a model that can only be used forward-facing.
It starts off as a harness booster for use forward facing from 20 to 65 pounds. The harness can then be removed to convert the seat into a belt-positioning booster suitable for use in the weight range of 30 to 100 pounds.
When a child is old enough, the seat can further be converted into a backless booster seating a child between 40 and 100 pounds in weight.
The Nautilus has been built using a steel frame for strength and durability and is generously upholstered with EPS energy absorbing foam for maximum energy absorption in a crash.
It also has armrests and an adjustable headrest that can be reclined in 3 different positions for maximum comfort. A cup holder and snack storage space is built in.
Combination Car Seat
Forward Facing using Harness
Child Weight: 20 to 65 Pounds
Child Height: 27 to 52 Inches
Forward Facing Without Using Built-In Harness
Child Weight: 30 to 100 Pounds
Child Height: 38 to 57 Inches
Used Without the Harness or Back Support
Child Weight: 40 to 100 Pounds
Child Height: 40 to 57 Inches
The Nautilus comes in many different colors and fabric designs including Ayla, Conley and Pierce, ensuring that you can find at least one to co-ordinate with the color of your car upholstery.
The seating pad is machine washable and can also be removed for cleaning if you have any spillages.
- Met or exceeded US safety standards when crash tested
- Steel reinforced frame offers extra protection during a crash
- Can be reclined in 3 different positions offering maximum comfort to your child
- Manufacturers website provides online videos to help with installing the Nautilus
- Generously padded with EPS Energy Absorbing Foam for maximum protection and support
- Incorporates contoured armrests with cup holder and storage
- Supplied in a range of different designs and colors including, Matrix, Garnet, Gavit and Valerie
- Easily removable machine washable seating pad
- Manufacturer offers a 1 year limited warranty
What Parents Liked About It..
- The 5 point Harness Straps are very easy to adjust for optimum fit
- Many parents commented that the Nautilus feels sturdy and well built
- They find this model is better padded than a lot of other manufacturers seats and the headrest is also well padded
- The majority of parents found the Nautilus easy to install. Those few parents that had difficulties found them to be resolved by using the videos that the manufacturer has supplied on their website
- It is easy to clean the upholstery as the seating pad can be removed and is machine washable. The straps however and the rest of the covers are a little more difficult to remove but do clean up well with a little effort
- Children love the drink holder and trinket holder
What Some Parents Didn’t Like..
- Several parents complained that their childs head fell forward while they were sleeping
- Some parents mentioned that the crotch strap does not have as much adjustment as other makes and appears too short for their child
- It cannot be used in the rear facing position
The Nautilus was considered a great purchase by most buyers and received large amounts of praise for ease of use, for its comfortable design, and the great safety features that it offers.
Parents purchasing the Nautilus 3-in-1 need to be aware however of the guidance published by the American Academy of Pediatrics stating; that children under 2 are 75 percent less likely to suffer severe or fatal injuries in a crash if they are facing the rear.
If you are looking for a Harness Booster that can carry your child safely all the way up to 120 pounds, then take a look at our Britax Frontier 85 Review for an alternative choice.