The SnugRide 32 is fitted with a 5 point harness. The base of this model is designed so that it can be easily removed from the infant seat and left in the car. This reduces the weight of the carrier if you are carrying your child. This model is also compatible with several Graco Stroller Units giving you even more mobility and freedom to shop and move around.
Most upholstered parts can be removed for easy cleaning including the seating pad which is machine washable and the harness straps and plastic buckle which can be sponged clean.
The SnugRide is suitable for use with infants weighing between 5 and 32 pounds and not exceeding 32 inches in length.
It’s been rigorously crash tested. This testing has been carried out to ensure that the Graco SnugRide 32 gives your child the very best protection from forces arising during a car accident coming from both the front and rear of the seat position.
Covering the shell with a layer of EPS energy absorbing foam also helps with the maximum absorption of energy during any crash. Side Impact Testing carried out has confirmed that it meets the latest US Federal Standards.
The Snugride 32 is supplied with a 3 position canopy complete with a clear-view window so you can easily check on your child. It can furthermore be positioned to effectively provide shade from any direction. It also comes complete with removable support cushions to assist in properly supporting your infant’s head.
Infant Weight: 5 to 32 Pounds
Infant Maximum Height: 32 Inches
Weight of Seat without base: 9.7 Pounds
Weight of Seat with base: 16.7 pounds
Height: 15.6 Inches
Width: 18.7 Inches
Depth: 30.7 Inches
The covers are available in Zurich at this time.
- Rear facing model suitable for infants weighing between 5 to 32 pounds and up to 32 Inches in length
- Met or exceeded US federal safety standards when crash tested
- Also tested for side impact protection
- Generous layer of EPS foam used to absorb energy from crash forces
- Can be easily removed from car due to removable base. It can also be easily moved from car to car if several seat bases are purchased
- Removable body support offers extra support to the infants head
- Extra installation assistance is given via videos on the manufacturers website if any problems should be encountered although most parents reported that installation was trouble free
- 5-point adjustable harness keeps your child safely secured
- Easily removable and machine washable seating pad
- Manufacturer offers a limited 1 year limited warranty
What Parents Liked About It..
- Easy to properly secure the 5 point harness on the baby
- Works well with a compatible Graco Stroller
- Durable seating pad cushion which lasted well in use
What The Parents Didn’t Like..
- Peekaboo window in the sun canopy lets sunlight in but there is no flap to cover it
- Many parents said the straps were too short after their child reached 20 pounds
- It can get very hot in use
- Seems to take up more space in the back of the car than other makes
- Much bulkier than other seats
- Very heavy to carry around
- The SnugRide 32 won’t fit most restaurant high chairs
- Have to take it apart to remove cover for cleaning
- Straps have to be rethreaded to be readjusted properly
More Graco SnugRide Reviews:
There are other Graco models of infant seat that are available that cater for different infant weight ranges :
SnugRide 22 For children between 5-22 pounds and up to 29 inches in height
SnugRide 30 For children of 4-30 pounds and height less than 30 inches
SnugRide 35 For children weighing 5-35 pounds and less than 32 inches in height
The SnugRide 32 was considered a good car seat by most parents. The main criticism was that it is heavy to carry around and bulky. The majority of parents were very pleased with the Stroller which when used in conjunction with the seat really cancels out this drawback.
The strap length was also considered to be a little on the short side and many parents commented that they could fasten the straps after their child reached 20 pounds in weight. Due to this problem, I would recommend that it might be better to purchase the standard SnugRide 22 if you want a Graco model, as then you can move your child up into a larger convertible type of seat once they reach 22 pounds. This will save you money and your child will be more comfortable in the long run.