The Graco SnugRide 35 is a rear facing Infant car seat fitted with a 5-point harness. This model is suitable for use with infant’s weighing between 5 and 35 pounds and not exceeding 32 inches in length.
This seat has now been replaced by several newer graco snugride 35 models. Please click the button below to go to the Amazon page for the new range of seats.
The seat can be easily removed from the base, reducing its weight while carrying it around. It can then be easily reattached to the base when required and can be fitted to a compatible Graco SnugRider Elite Stroller Unit to give you more comfort and mobility when travelling around with your child.
The seating pad is removable and can be machine washed to keep it clean. The straps and plastic buckle can also be removed for cleaning.
Testing has been carried out to ensure that the SnugRide 35 meets or exceeds US safety standards to give your child the very best protection from injury during a car accident. It has also been tested for side impact protection. It’s also generously covered in EPS foam which helps to absorb the energy arising from the forces generated during a car crash.
The SnugRide 35 is supplied complete with a 3-position canopy with a clear view window so you can easily check on your child. The canopy provides shade and protection from the weather and can be positioned in several different ways for maximum effectiveness. Removable support cushions are also provided which serve to assist in properly supporting your infant’s head.
This model is supplied in a range of fabric designs including Dottis Green, Flint and Surrey.
Infant Car Seat
Child Weight: 5 to 35 Pounds
Child Maximum Height: 32 Inches
Weight without base: 9.7 Pounds
Weight with base: 16.7 pounds
Height: 15.6 Inches
Width: 18.7 Inches
Depth: 30.7 Inches
- Suitable for an infant weighing in the range of 5 to 35 pounds and up to 32 Inches length
- Either met or exceeded the US safety standards when crash tested and side impact tested
- A layer of EPS foam is used to absorb energy during collisions
- The seat can be removed from the car due to removable seat base. It can be easily moved from car to car if several bases are purchased
- Removable Body Support Pads give extra support to the infant’s head
- The manufacturer’s website provides videos to assist with the proper installation should any difficulties arise. Most parents however seem to find the installation easy
- The 5-point adjustable harness can be secured easily and acts to keep your child safely secured during the journey.
- The seating pad can be removed and is machine washable. All the other parts can also be cleaned
- The SnugRide is supplied with a manufacturers limited 1 year warranty
What Parents Said..
- Great self-supporting canopy frame better than other manufacturers seats allows best protection from the elements
- Individual side clips on harness can be secured separately making it easier to strap child in
- Easy to properly secure the 5 point harness on the baby
- The SnugRide secures really firmly to the car seat with no wobble
- Well-made, sturdy and comfortable with soft padding and material
- High safety rating
- This unit is heavy compared to other makes, this is not an issue though if you purchase a Compatible Graco Stroller Base
- Very large and takes up a lot of space in the car
- Does not fit many restaurant high chairs
- WILL NOT fit on top of the seat of most standard grocery carts
- It can be difficult to put back together after taking it apart for cleaning
More SnugRide Models:
SnugRide 22 For children weighing between 5-22 pounds and up to 29 inches
SnugRide 30 For children weighing between 4-30 pounds and height less than 30 inches
The SnugRide 35 impressed many parents who purchased it. The adjustable canopy and ease of installation were singled out for praise by several parents.
The main criticism was that it is heavy to carry around and bulky and took up a lot of room in the car. Purchasing the stroller however, cancels out the drawback of the weight of this seat.
This model is recommended by us as a very good purchase and is a contender if you are looking for a well made rear-facing infant car seat especially for the larger infant.
Be aware though, that there is a price premium to be paid because of the larger size, and if cost is an issue it might be better to have a look at the standard SnugRide seat instead of the Graco SnugRide 35.