The Maxi-Cosi Prezi Infant Car Seat is a mixture of slick European styling and highly advanced safety features. This means that it can be a real head turner when you’re out and about but also offers an excellent level of safety to your child.
Overall Rating: (3.6 / 5)
Two advanced safety features are combined in this model which improve the side impact protection offered. Firstly, G-Cell HX™ Technology reduces FIRST IMPACT energy and then Air Protect® technology is incorporated into the extra-thick head wings which cushion baby’s head and reduce impact energy even further by the controlled release of air.
The base comes with 5 different settings and can be adjusted without the need to remove it from the vehicle. It also features Built-In Rebound Control thanks to an anti-rebound bar. Note that the Britax Chaperone also comes with an Anti-Rebound Bar so you might like to have a look at that seat as well.
This is one of the longer, heavier seats at over 11 pounds and the extra deep well-padded seat ensures that baby is well protected inside it.
The 5-point harness can be fully adjusted using the Center Front Adjust without the need for re-threading and the 5-position headrest can also be adjusted without the need for re-threading. Placing your child in the chair is much easier thanks to the Easy-out harness that lifts out of the way.
The canopy is a great idea and is made of stretchable fabric that clips onto the carry handle of the seat. If not required it can be completely hidden by tucking it into the seat surround. The ergonomically shaped carry handle can be locked in 2 different positions.
The Prezi comes in many different colors including Courageous Green, Devoted Black, Passionate Pink, Reliant Blue, Envious Red and Delightfully Natural there are also white handle and base options on some of the colors as shown below.
The Prezi installs easily using the 1-click mini LATCH connectors and because it has a long base the positioning should be carefully considered. It may be better installed behind the front passenger especially in smaller cars to give the driver more leg room.
The Prezi has been certified by the FAA as being suitable for airline use.
The manufacturer offers a 1 year limited warranty
The manufacturer says that the Prezi is compatible with existing Quinny strollers but is not compatible with the Quinny Yezz, Leila and Piazzo Travel System. The compatibility of the Prezi with other manufacturer’s strollers should be researched fully before purchase.
Child Weight: 4 to 30 Pounds
Child Maximum Height: 29 Inches
Weight: 11.5 pounds
Maximum Width of Base – including carry handle: 17 Inches
- Head wings incorporate Air Protect® side impact protection technology
- G-Cell HX™ energy-absorbing foam used to line upper part of seat
- Headrest is fully adjustable without re-threading
- Easy out Harness with 5 height settings
- Adjustable 5-point harness
- 5 adjustable base settings
- Adjustable stowaway canopy
- 1-click mini LATCH connectors
- Soft fabric
- Removable seating pad
- Ergonomic carry handle locks in 2 positions
- Head Wings are fully adjustable
- Compatible with Quinny Stroller and via adapters to other strollers – check first before purchase
- Crotch strap has 2 adjustment positions
- The Prezi 2 recline positions
- Approved by the Federal Aviation Authority for airline use
What Parents Liked
- Superb European styling
- Long base suitable for taller babies
What Parents Weren’t Keen On..
- Some parents said it made their child sweaty – other parents said that their child kept nice and cool..
- The canopy is a little on the small side
- This model is quite heavy
Accessories from Maxi-Cosi
- Spare Adjustable Base
- Weather Shield
- Bug Net
- Foot Muff
Initial reviews from the few parents who have used the Prezi have been positive with great praise given for the stylish looks, ease of installation and advanced safety technical specification.
If you are thinking of purchasing this model to fit on an existing stroller frame then check first that it will fit. Maxi-Cosi states that the Prezi is compatible with the Quinny Stroller but not their existing Leila and Piazzo Travel Systems or the Quinny Yezz.
It’s also not clear yet which other manufacturers stroller frames and adapters will be compatible.