(4.6 / 5)
When the TinyFit insert is used then the Pria will fit an infant between 4 to 40 Pounds in the rear facing position. Without the insert the Pria can only safely accomodate a child in the rear facing position between 9 and 40 pounds.
The TinyFit insert is used to help the seat fit smaller infants better while they are below 22 pounds. Once your child reaches 22 pounds then the insert can be removed and your child can be seated safely rear facing all the way up to 40 pounds.
In forward facing mode this model will fit your child up to 70 pounds.
It’s possible to get a much better fit for your child due to the use of the advanced single-handed Perfect Fit 5-point Harness which can be adjusted in very small increments.
The Safety Features of the Pria include the use of advanced Air protect Side Impact Technology that manages, and reduces, crash forces during a crash by the controlled release of air from the seat. The FlexTech construction system also serves to dissipate crash forces more effectively than more conventional car seats.
A faster and safer installation can be achieved thanks to the One Click LATCH system that features an easy click-in and release action. Dorel, the manufacturer, gives a one year limited warranty on the Pria.
A wide range of different colors and designs which include, Walnut Brown, Sweet Cerise and Total Black are available.
The seat pad can be removed for hand washing with warm soapy water. After washing, the pad must be rinsed with clean water and then air dried before refitting. The harness straps and headrest can also be sponge cleaned by following the manufacturer, Dorel’s instructions.
Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Designs
Child Weight: 4 to 40 Pounds (dependant upon TinyFit system being used)
Child Weight: 22 to 70 Pounds
Width: 19.5 Inches
Height: 25.4 Inches extending to 30 Inches with headrest as your child grows
Weight – with TinyFit: 22 Pounds
- The TinyFit system helps to achieve a much better fit for smaller babies 4lb plus
- Uses FlexTech system for multi-directional crash forces management
- Advanced Air Protect Side Impact Technology for controlled air release protection
- OneClick LATCH connectors help with easier installation
- Fully tested and found to either meet or exceed current US Federal Standards for car seat safety
- Can be used for airline travel
What Parents Liked about It..
- The TinyFit infant insert works great for small babies
- Thick padding
- Takes up less space than other seats when installed rear facing
- Very roomy for large children
- Harness straps do not get tangled
- Easy to adjust
- Cupholder included
What the Parents Didn’t Like..
- It can be difficult to get set up initially, but most problems were resolved by using the comprehensive installation instructions supplied by the manufacturer.
- The Pria is a big and heavy model, but this should not be a problem because you would not want to be carrying your child around in it.
The Pria got 4 out of 5 stars overall from the 78 parents who took the time to review it. This is a really good score as most parents are very selective when giving out praise on safety products for infants and children.
The main things that the parents liked, were that the seat was very comfortable and roomy, and that the harness straps did not get tangled like some other models of seat.
Parents thought that the TinyFit insert was also a great idea, as it helped them to position their small infant more safely due to the harness straps being in the correct position.
Some parents did however have some difficulties with installation and so we would recommend that anyone trying to fit this seat should read the manufacturer’s instructions first. There are also a number of installation videos that you can view on the Maxi-Cosi website to further assist with any installation problems that you might have.
We recommend the Pria 70 very highly as it offers great protection for the money especially for the smaller infant.
If you are still undecided about what which Convertible model to choose then why not have a look at some more reviews. The Diono RadianRXT got a good rating when we reviewed it recently and our Recaro ProRIDE Review also gave this seat a very good write-up.