The onBoard 35 Air Infant Car Seat is designed to be used in the rear facing position for a newborn infant in the weight range 4-35 pounds. It is supplied with a harness especially designed for premature babies.
Overall Rating: (4.6 / 5)
This model features Safety 1st’s Air Protect™ Side Impact Technology, which through controlling the release of air from the headrest during an impact from the side, acts to significantly reduce crash forces around a child’s head.
Installation of the onBoard 35 Air can be accomplished by using either the LATCH system or your own vehicle’s safety belts. The Carry Curve™ handle used makes transporting it more comfortable. This particular model is available in several different designs including, Corabelle, Estate and Sea Breeze.
The seating pad can be removed from the plastic shell for hand washing with a mild detergent and the harness straps can also be spot cleaned. We would recommend that you always follow the manufacturers instructions for cleaning, as the use of some detergents can seriously weaken some of the plastics used in the construction.
Infant Car Seat
Infant Weight: 4 to 35 Pounds
Height: 32 Inches
Length: 28 Inches
Width: 17.5 Inches
- Side impact protection using Air Protect™
- Superior infant head support
- 5-point safety harness
- Insert and low harness slots can be adjusted to suit infant between 4 and 35 Pounds
- Has 17% more leg room than comparable infant car seats
- Ergonomic design of Carry Curve™ handle makes carrying it more comfortable
- Complete with adjustable canopy
- Uses one-click LATCH for trouble-free installation
- Meets or exceeds US Federal Standards
- The Safety 1st onBoard™ 35 Air is certified for aircraft use
- The Manufacturer offers a 1 year warranty on this model
What Parents Liked..
- Premature baby insert works well
- Lots of padding around the head
- Can be used without the base
- Roomy for baby
- Feels solid
What the Parents Didn’t Like..
- In some cars you have to push the front seat a long way forward to be able to install it properly leaving the front seat passenger with hardly any leg room
- Can’t be reclined as much as some other types
- Flimsy canopy
The reviews written by parents are rather mixed. Several parents praised it for the good preemie baby insert, and the roominess of the seat, while several others were critical of the amount of room taken up by it, which made it too large for some cars.
If you are thinking of buying the onBoard 35 Air by Safety 1st then make sure that you purchase from a retailer such as Amazon who have a no quibble guarantee if you should need to return the seat if it does not fit in your car.